The National Library of Estonia exhibits art, photography and book design in its main exhibit hall on the 1st floor and in the foyer, occasionally also showing applied art.
Smaller exhibits connected with books or culture in general are shown on the 5th and 6th floors. The Eduard Wiiralt Gallery, on the 3rd floor of the library, has a permanent exhibit of 62 works by Estonia's most famous graphic artist Eduard Wiiralt (1898-1954). The pieces were donated to the city of Tallinn by expatriate Estonian art collectors Harry Männil and Henry Radevall.
The colossal, fortress-like building of the National Library was completed in 1993, exhibitions have been organised there from the beginning.