Church of Kazan, which was completed in 1721, is the oldest preserved wooden sacred building in Tallinn. A copy of the Icon of Our Lady of Kazan and an antique foldable copper military icon with the same image was brought to the church from St. Petersburg. People started calling the church the Church of Kazan after the icon. During the 70s of the last century, however, a number of valuable icons were stolen, including the movable Icon of Our Lady of Kazan. The orthodox congregation that operates in the authentically restored church is subordinate to the Moscow patriarchate.
Services in the old Slavic language take place on Saturdays at 5 pm and on Sundays at 8 am.