Built in 1922-23, this church was the very first ecclesiastical stone building to appear during Estonia's prewar independence era.
The Seventh-day Adventist Church was also one of the first churches built during that period in the whole of Estonia.
Created by architect E. Jacoby, the church is one of the best examples of traditionalism based on modernisation of the Northern Baroque style. The Bavarian helmet on the spire and the small oriel at the foot of the tower were both new motifs in local ecclesiastical architecture. The console tower seems to connect the building with Old Town, but as the tower is low and slender, it is more a symbol than a belfry or landmark.