The park around Glehn's Castle in the Nõmme suburb is popular for walking, star gazing and winter skiing.
Glehn Park dates from the end of 19th century when Baltic-German manor owner of Jälgimäe, Nikolai von Glehn, moved to the Nõmme area. In 1886, he built the medieval castle-style building now known as Glehn’s castle, with himself as architect.
The park has a number of curious features. Glehn buried his favourite horse in front of the castle and built an obelisk on the grave. On the side of the castle he built a palm house with two little pools. Also in the park are a statue of Estonia's epic hero Kalevipoeg (known as the 'devil statue'), a statue of a dragon (known as the 'crocodile'), and a lookout platform that is known today as the hobby observatory. Restoration works started in 1966, but the park complex is yet not complete.
Nearby is the Nõmme Adventure Park, where many lit ski paths are open during winter.